1. Your personal data and our website
The data collected on the website of the University of Luxembourg stem exclusively from the voluntary registering of your personal data:
- It will not be shared with any organisation - commercial or otherwise excepted in case of external consultancy in relation with the website. In such case appropriate measures will be implemented.
- We will never divulge your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- We put in place measures to ensure that your data are kept up-to-date and processed securely in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (hereafter “GDPR”).
- Our purpose is the management of public relations (management of contacts and public relations, social and professional for the organisation).
- According to the GDPR you have a right to access, rectify, erase, object to or restrict the processing related to your personal data. You can exercise your rights by following the procedure described as on the Data Protection page of the University website.
- We do not keep your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes for which we collected it. However, we may keep your information for a longer period for historical, statistical or scientific purposes with the appropriate safeguards in place.
Without the use of the session cookies especially, several functions could not be offered on our website.
The legal basis for processing personal data by using session cookies is Art. 6 para. 1 point f) GDPR (legitimate interest).
2.1. Session cookies
This website is using session cookies to allow the correct working of all components. Cookies used on this website are deleted after the session.
2.2. Cookie consent cookie
This website is using a cookie consent cookie to store the information that you consented to the cookie consent and stop the cookie consent message from displaying.
3. Privacy measures
Cookies are used by the University to track the following information about visitors. We use this information to prepare aggregated, anonymous statistics reports of visitor activity:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request (visit to the site)
- Title of the page being viewed (Page Title)
- URL of the page being viewed (Page URL)
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page (Referrer URL)
- Screen resolution of user's device
- Time in local visitor's time-zone
- Files that were clicked and downloaded (Download)
- Links to an outside domain that were clicked (Outlink)
- Pages generation time (the time it takes for webpages to be generated by the webserver and then downloaded by the visitor: Page speed)
- Main language of the browser being used (Accept-Language header)
- Browser version, browser plugins (PDF, Flash, Java, …) operating system version, device identifier (User-Agent header)
- Site Search
Persistent cookies are saved on your computer and are not deleted automatically when you close your browser, unlike a session cookie, which is deleted when you close your browser.
4. Restricted access to information
All data communication is encrypted via HTTPS protocol.
Specific questions about the storage and use of personal data by the University can be sent to us by contacting our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.